Get a Charge Out of Choosing an Electronic Toothbrush
We have all heard about the direct correlation between good oral health and good physical health. It is a frightening thought that you could someday have a heart attack because you didn’t brush your teeth on a regular basis! Even the way you brush can be a very important factor. This is why electronic tooth brushes continue to become more popular as time goes on. These brushes aren’t the big, clunky, spinning, monsters you remember as a child. Today’s electronic tooth brushes are sleek sophisticated pieces of equipment that have the latest in engineering technology behind their rising success.
So what does a good electronic toothbrush have that my regular tooth brush doesn’t have? After all, haven’t we been using the regular manual brush all of our lives? Great Question! Here are some great answers:
- Electronic toothbrushes clean your mouth more thoroughly. By getting into hard to reach places, the electronic toothbrush can gently clean in areas often missed by your manual brush. Also, some units have a built in timer that keeps track of when your two minutes of brushing are up. Remember when you were a kid and learned the “two minute brushing rule?”
- The sophisticated new electronic brushes keep you from doing damage to your teeth and gums. Most of the newer models of electronic tooth brushes actually have a sensor that will let you know when you are brushing too hard. Your manual brush only stops cleaning when
you stop brushing….which can sometimes be too long, and too rough!
- Newer more sophisticated electronic brushes are engineered to actually clean below the gum line. This will keep you from having the “scraping treatment” when you go to the dental office to get your teeth cleaned.
- We are all working to be more environmentally friendly. With the electronic tooth brushes, all you throw away is the very top of the brush called the “brush head”. Most “brush heads” are built to last longer than manual brushes. This results in less waste.
- Who doesn’t like more fun with less work? Well, it is certainly more fun to use an electronic toothbrush because it does all the work for you! This is important if you have a physical issue such as arthritis. The electronic brush is easier to maneuver and requires less physical movement.
But are they really better than your old reliable manual toothbrush? Yes, say dentists, who overwhelmingly recommend them as the best means of keeping your teeth clean and free from the damaging effects of plaque.
So which brands should you consider? I suggest going on line and reading the advantages of each type of electronic tooth brush. Often, one company will manufacture many types of electronic tooth brushes. Choose a brush that matches your budget and has the features that are important to you. The Philips Corporation features the SONICARE brand, which has many different electronic brushes to choose from. The Proctor and Gamble company features the familiar ORAL B brand. The ORAL B brand is very easy to find in most popular retail stores including Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, and Target. There are several brands available on the internet that are big on features, but small on pricing. These brands include PURSONIC, SONICLEAN, and FOREO all of which advertise electronic toothbrushes that will clean not only your teeth, but below the gum line as well. This is especially important to maintain a healthy mouth.
As you can see, there are many advantages to making the switch to an electronic toothbrush. The most important advantage is the direct relation between your oral health and maintaining an overall healthy body.
Although an electric toothbrush costs more than a manual toothbrush, it is really a wise investment for your overall long term oral health and well-being. save you a trip to the hospital tomorrow!
GMS Dental Centers of Excellence www.gmsdent.com
Download the article here:
Grant Sadler Getting a Charge Out of Choosing an Electronic Toothbrush 7-17